Sparkle for Symbian^3 has just been released. Use your orb slinger to shatter the orbs of darkness before they release their destructive powers. Can you bring the light back, from a sparkle to full bloom? Explore three different game modes, a multitude of greater magical amulets and power-ups, and uncover the deepest secrets. Don’t leave the fair trees of Crowberry Woods unsparkled. Check out the gameplay trailer after the jump.
Nokia Social App Updated To v1.3 | Brings Contacts Integration & Retweet Option
Nokia today released a new update for the Nokia Social app for Symbian^3 devices. The new Social v1.3 brings many great features including deeper integration within your phonebook contacts, letting you see what your friends are a up to before making that call. Hit the jump to find out what else is new.
New Social v1.3 Features:
New Contacts Card Capabilities
- See your friends’ status updates right from their Contacts Card – now you can see what your friends are up to before you make a phone call.
- Linked Contacts Indicator enables you to see whose Contacts Cards are socially enabled and whose are not. Now you can manage your social networks more efficiently. No need to sync all you Social contacts at once, just pick and chose your closest friends and always know what they are up to.
New Share Capabilities
- Add caption when sharing pictures from your camera to bring your photos to life.
- Higher resolution picture upload up to 4 MB so what you share is clear and sharp.
New Twitter Features
- Want to share your favorite Tweet? Now you can retweet!
- We have plenty more planned for 2011 but in the mean time let me know what you think in the comments.
To get the new Social v1.3, simply open the Social app on your Symbian^3 device and agree to download the update. Let us know what you think of the new features, or maybe what you’d like to see in future updates, by leaving a comment below.
Nokia N8 Connected To USB Speakers Via USB On-The-Go
So what else have you discovered about your very-capable Nokia N8. How about connecting it to some USB speakers via USB On-The-Go, and playing music through the desktop speakers on-the-go. Not possible I hear you say, as a sufficient power source is required. Right? Well, I never thought it was possible too until I saw this video, hit the jump to take a look.
New Firmware v40.0.003 | Nokia 5230, 5233 & 5235
Nokia has released a new firmware update v40.0.003 for both the Nokia 5230and 5233. There is also a new firmware v40.6.003 for the Nokia 5235. It’s a pretty big update from the previous v21.8.005. The new firmware should be available for most of you right now, however it may take some time for the rest of you, depending on your service provider or region. New firmwares contain important updates for your handset to function properly so we highly recommend you update your device. Check out the changelog after the jump.
- Nokia 5233: unable to create new profile, once the handset is factory reset model 5233
- Nokia 5230: Cannot auto update on stock web page
- Nokia 5230: Cannot transfer music from PC to the device
- Network Reconnection request fails in flash after two three attempts.
- High current consumption when Maps is in foreground and background, drains battery quickly
If you notice any more changes or corrections, please share your experiences in the comments below.
How To Update The Firmware
There are many ways of updating the firmware on your Nokia handset. To install the software on your device using FOTA (Firmware Over-The-Air), type in *#0000# on the home screen or go to Device Manager. Then select Options, Check for updates and follow the on screen prompts. If the firmware update is not immediately available via FOTA, or the device you are using does not have support for this service, you can also update your firmware using NSU (Nokia Software Updater) and or Nokia Ovi Suite on your PC. Once you plug your device in, select the PC Suite option, ensuring that the phone has a Sim Card inserted and the profile is set to General. Some devices support UDP (User Data Preservation), which will preserve all your data and content on your device during these updates. However we still recommend you do a full backup in order to guarantee the safety of your data. Please share your thoughts and experiences with the new firmware in the comments below.